Orientating My Career Coaching Programme
Project work, short-term contracts, self-employment and working abroad have in recent years become noticeable features in the world of work. The need to diligently manage and regularly review your career has thus never been greater.
Where Are you Now?
At different stages in your career you will likely find yourself in one or more of the following situations:
- I am looking to change my career
- I know what I don't want to do but not what I do want to do
- I am seeking to revitalise my career
- I no longer enjoy my work
- I am no longer engaged or motivated in my work
- I feel stuck in my work
- I feel undervalued in my work
- I am not progressing in my work and cannot see a way forward
- I need a clear career vision
- I am happy and engaged in my work however I need to plan from my next move
What is Orientating My Career Coaching Programme all about?
Orientating My Career is a unique, tailor-made, online, structured and practical career coaching programme. The programme is designed to be a positive, pragmatic and forward-looking experience enabling you to assess your professional life, to make informed decisions and to set and work towards achieving clear career goals.
The programme comprises 6-Steps as follows:
- Step 1 - My Values
- Step 2 - My Behaviours and Communication Preferences
- Step 3 - My Strengths and Motivators
- Step 4 - My Skills
- Step 5 - My Ideal Work
- Step 6 - My Way Forward and Action Plan
During the programme you will be encouraged to:
- look at challenges as opportunities
- question your thinking
- ask yourself critical questions
- be honest with yourself
- be open to new ideas
- identify solutions
- make informed decisions
- take ownership of your career direction
- create and implement a plan of action
…..and through a series of practical exercise and discussions you will:
- take stock of who you are professionally
- highlight what you have to offer prospective employers or to start your own business
- become more self-confident when presenting yourself to employers
- formulate a vision of your ideal work
- be able to apply for jobs smartly because you understand the kinds of organisations and the type of work that best suit you
- understand the next steps you need to take in your career
- set clear career goals aligned with your vision
- write a plan of action aligned with your career goals
- You will be required to commit time and effort to the programme.
- Following an initial exploration meeting, you will meet with your coach every two weeks for a ninety minute coaching sessions.
- You will complete homework for each coaching session.
- The programme will last for up to 3 months.
- Your CV will be reviewed
- You will become familiar with your preferred behavioural and communication style through the use of TetraMap® You will receive a booklet explaining the different styles.
- You will receive a comprehensive strengths and motivators report
- You will be provided with a checklist enabling you to research organisations and professions that are of interest to you
Your Next Career Move Starts Here
Regardless of where you are right now in your career Sue looks forward to supporting and enabling you to commence your next career move with confidence. To book your free 30-minute exploratory meeting and to commence the Orientating My Career coaching programme, contact Sue here or at sue (at) sls-orientations.com
What Clients have said about My Career Orientation Coaching Programme
Before I started the My Career Orientation Coaching Programme I often felt frustrated and depressed. I was insecure about my future and had little self-confidence. The sessions with Sue positively changed my outlook on life and renewed my energy to take life by the horns. Sue helped me to get to know myself and provided me with the tools to discover my true values and to find my strengths. She guided me very professionally, always paid good attention and listened carefully to what I had to say. She would ask the right questions to help me find my own answers. She gave me the ability to overcome my fear of decision-making and to boost my confidence. I benefited greatly from the reading material and tests she provided. Sue was always able to explain the programme in understandable terms supported by examples and good tips, often accompanied by humor. Now I feel ready to follow my own career path and look forward to my future with a smile. Thanks Sue! You have been a wonderful coach. D, Russian living in the Netherlands
After having worked mostly in my own business for the past decade, some new options had opened up and I felt it was time to make a well informed choice in regards to my career. I realised this was not something I could do on my own. I needed the help of an expert. Going through the My Career Orientation coaching programme was a transformational experience. Using her exceptional skills and insights, Sue Schoormans offered me tools to analyse my career from a new perspective. Getting to know my work related values and acknowledging my true strengths, proved extremely helpful. Sue challenged me to go beyond my inner blocks and come to terms with what I really enjoy doing. Sue is very knowledgeable and highly skilled, which shines through in the quality of her work. I give her my best recommendation and will continue to recommend her to my colleagues. E, Iceland
If I were to describe my experience of SLS Orientations, it would be "forward". The 5-Step Career Orientation coaching programme enabled me to move from a lack of clarity on how to improve my career path to gaining more self-consciousness about myself and my professional objectives. Every question and activity throughout the coaching period have brought me further in the direction of my ideal job. I am now pleased to be starting soon a new opportunity which I recognise is an important step forward. I am thankful to Sue for the learning, the challenges and the valuable support received. R, Italian living in Belgium
Suddenly I was at a crossroads. My career had taken a turn which I had not foreseen. After several fantastic years in the same company, I was on my own. Should I apply for a job, and if so which one? Or maybe I should take the leap and establish my own business? Should I stay in the same country or find new horizons? How could I best use my skills to achieve professional happiness? I knew Sue from a previous job and called her for advice, because I knew her to be intelligent, calm, kind and very knowledgeable about organisations and the job market. It was a fortunate coincidence that she was establishing SLS Orientations. I enrolled on her coaching programme which has taken me through a very rewarding but tough journey where I had to dig deep into myself to find answers to difficult questions and to unveil both potential and limitations. Following Sue's programme has represented solace and a safe place to analyse and understand my situation. The old crossroads is now water under the bridge and I know that I have taken the right decisions, they are already proving successful. Although less frequently, I will continue to use SLS Orientations as a sparring partner in future dilemmas or choices that might arise. K, Norway
Sue took me through her career orientation coaching programme through late 2018 and early 2019. I didn't really know what to expect but can honestly say I was absolutely blown away by the thoroughness of the programme and the depth of detail that was covered. Sue's background in HR enabled her to gently and supportively probe what my values are and made me realise how important it was for me to express myself in my career in a constructive manner. I have since secured a role where I am able to work in a much more flexible way and bring my values to the role. Thank you Sue. A fabulous programme. D, UK
TetraMap® is a registered trademark of TetraMap International in New Zealand and other countries.